Newsletter HTML





Breathtaking Photography offers on-location, natural light photography in Alton, Illinois and the surrounding St. Louis Metro area. Offering birth photography and portraiture.


Photography that will literally take your breath away.

636-328-5120
chantel@takeyourbreathaway.net
www.facebook.com/breathtakingphotos







Thursday, December 23, 2010

Breathtaking's Last Birth

I'm so sad to write this post. Yes, it's true. Breathtaking won't be offering birth photography in the 2011 year. If you're here looking for someone to photograph your birth in the Dallas metroplex I have several wonderful colleagues that I recommend so drop me a line and I'll hook you up.

As far as last births go, this one with my friend Kristin was the way to do it. Her last birth was one of the first I photographed as a portfolio builder and the first one where I really felt all of my skills come together at once and I got what I'd long been striving to get out of my camera. This time around things were so eerily familiar! Different house but same exact chain of events culminating in a fast, wonderful water birth of a sweet baby boy.

kristinbirthsneaks-102

kristinbirthsneaks-101

That's the amniotic sac she's slipping over his head there-he was born in it which is said to be good luck. :)

kristinbirthsneaks-103

kristinbirthsneaks-104

kristinbirthsneaks-107

kristinbirthsneaks-106

kristinbirthsneaks-108

kristinbirthsneaks-109

kristinbirthsneaks-111

Home birth.... the joy of snuggling into your own bed after you've done the hardest work of your life.

kristinbirthsneaks-110

Thank you to all my past clients. It's been an HONOR to serve as the witness to so many wonderful babies coming into the world. This is not good-bye but merely "see you in while". Birth is in my blood and I'll be coming back to it eventually. :)

No comments: