Newsletter HTML





Breathtaking Photography offers on-location, natural light photography in Alton, Illinois and the surrounding St. Louis Metro area. Offering birth photography and portraiture.


Photography that will literally take your breath away.

636-328-5120
chantel@takeyourbreathaway.net
www.facebook.com/breathtakingphotos







Thursday, February 3, 2011

7 Things You Don't Know About Chantel...

I was recently tagged in a post from friend/client/soul mate Abbi's blog "Musing of Motherhood" and now I'm supposed to tell you 7 niblets about myself and tag 10 bloggers. I don't actually have TIME to read blogs any more so I don't have 10 people to tag but I will happily rattle off 7 things you (probably) didn't know about me....

curlyhead
cell phone self portrait

1. I am addicted to coffee. More than the average bear. I have had this problem since high school (and a certain someone I met at the small coffee shop up the street from school every morning of my sophomore year) but this sort of crack-level addiction started when I had my twins. I literally had to be up for 24 hour stretches with only 30 minute cat naps to call "sleep" and caffeine kept me alive. I've quit "cold turkey" a few times, most notably last spring, and yet... yeah, I might be drinking a cup right now at 2 in the afternoon. ;)

2. I abhor the cold. In a way that's probably not completely healthy. Part of it is that I have a condition called Raynaud's Syndrome which means the circulation in my hands and feet is less than ideal. Temps below freezing actually cause me pain. I'm much happier in the heat and look forward to summer! Our current temp in DALLAS is 16 today. Brrrr!!!!

3. I have a running list of photography equipment that I'd like to purchase (or better yet, be GIFTED! HA!). The list is long, varied, and expensive. Next on my list? A Canon 5D Mark II and Canon's 28-70 2.8L lens. HEAVEN!

chantel

4. I'm seriously considering switching Breathtaking to weddings. I've got some research and details to settle (like the camera body and lens listed above) before I make the leap but since giving up births a mere two months ago I'm really missing the documentary experience. And yes, while what I do with portraits is somewhat documentary in style it's not the same type of storytelling. Births are a huge moment in your life that can never be replaced and retold. Weddings are the same (only much, much more scheduled *wink*).

5. I do my nails about once every year. It lasts approximately 48 hours before becoming chipped to the point of looking ridiculous. I posted this because I'm staring at this year's attempt and it's horrendous. Busy mom of six... not a great candidate for a manicure!

meandclaire

6. I used to be painfully shy. I'm not entirely sure how many weeks I chased my mom down the hall screaming at the beginning of Kindergarten but it was more than a couple. I hated school. At some point, for unknown reasons, I got over it and was actively involved in theater and student government in high school. Well, 'got over it' might be overstating. I'm still somewhat shy and unsure of myself. I just push through it. I like a good challenge.

7. There are three things I could not live without: chocolate, facebook, and my children. :)

2 comments:

Abigail said...

I lub you and your cold hands and feet.

Valerie said...

beautiful girl....love the self-portraits <3